Value-Added Services Shouldn’t Be Add Ons
Has working with multiple suppliers increased costs, decreased repeatability, or reduced quality? What’s been the quarterly impact on your customers and your bottom line?
Our wide range of value-added services and proven track record make us a premier single-source provider. Superior automation enables us to lower production costs, increase repeatability, and improve quality. Constant upgrading of our state-of-the-art equipment puts us at the forefront of the injection molding industry. Such ongoing attention to performance offers significant capabilities beyond injection molding. Here are five examples:
- An in-house tool-shop and trained maintenance teams emphasize consistently high performance and on-the-spot repairs.
- The on-site cleanroom supports food-and-beverage, medical, and pharmaceutical projects.
- Complete assembly services allow us to finalize projects after injection molding, reducing the bill of materials and ensuring efficient assembly.
- Proprietary finishing—including pad printing, in-mold decorating, and labeling—retain control and eliminate the risks of uneven subcontracting.
- Creative, adaptable engineers who work directly with our demanding customer base to ensure superior functionality and manufacturability.
At D&M Plastics, we have a great deal of experience in designing and manufacturing insert-molded parts that speed production and have resulted in the lowest error rate in the industry. We serve a broad range of industries and applications.
Have you faced these or other insert-molding challenges?
- Sub-par fabrication of insert mold parts with complex designs and highly engineered resins?
- Inability to create highly intricate assemblies of insert-molded parts using automated injection molding processes and specialized molds?
Our demonstrated experience and expertise enable us to insert mold a variety of components across industries, including:
Our insert molding process equipment complies with ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485 standards which in turn allows us to offer the lowest error rate in the industry: an average of only 17 defects per every million parts.
We can also incorporate a wide variety of elements into the final assembly, such as:
- Electrical leads
- Threaded fasteners
- Rubber and nylon inserts
D&M Plastics engineers work closely with our customers to ensure that all insert-molded parts are designed with superior functionality and manufacturability. We use presses ranging from 40 to 400 tons and molds ranging from 1 to 96 cavities based on design and lead-time requirements in order to manufacture millions of parts per week. We also use advanced techniques such as:
- A vertical rotary press, which can create advanced components within extremely tight tolerances from difficult materials such as advanced engineering liquid crystal polymers, resin-filled glass fibers, and calcium carbonate.
D&M Plastics also offers overmolding services in which complex parts are produced from two or more separate polymers by molding one over the other within the same molding cycle. This process has a wide variety of uses, such as
• Molding a softer layer over a hard plastic handheld tool or part to improve grip
• Creating parts with multiple colors
• Electrical insulation
• Sound dampening
We can mold parts with any level of complexity and any size via our 30 injection molding presses. Other capabilities include:
• Specializing in the use of highly engineered resins
• Ability to achieve tolerances as low as ±0.001”
• Ability to produce parts with Class A surfaces
• In-mold labeling
As an industry leader and authority on plastics, we use our multi-shot injection molding process to create strong and reliable bonds between the substrate and outer layer, and our tooling is specifically designed to provide maximum adhesion.
We perform strict quality verification on every part we fabricate. We also possess an in-house ISO Class cleanroom, which we use to produce sensitive electronic components and medical device parts.
End-to-End Solutions with D&M Plastics
D&M Plastics has been an industry leader providing custom injection molding for almost 50 years. We’re highly respected for our ability to provide large volumes of complex parts of the highest quality.
For more information about our injection molding capabilities or other value-added services, please contact us.